How to: Deadbug
Primary Muscles Used:Abs
Exercise Families:Trunk Anti-Extension
- Lie on your back on a yoga mat with your arms extended directly in front of your chest and palms facing toward your feet. Bend your knees and bring your legs into tabletop position, ensuring that your knees are stacked over your hips, and your shins are parallel to (in line with) the floor. This is your starting position.
- Inhale. Exhale, gently draw your ribs to your hips to engage your core. Draw your left arm back and down toward the floor, alongside your head. At the same time, extend your right knee and hip to lower your right leg towards the floor. Ensure that your arm and leg are lowering at the same speed and that you maintain a neutral spine.
- Inhale. Raise your left arm and right leg to return to the starting position.
- Exhale. Draw your right arm back and down towards the floor, alongside your head. At the same time, extend your left knee and hip to lower your left leg towards the floor. Once again, ensure that your arm and leg are lowering at the same speed and that you maintain a neutral spine.
- Inhale. Raise your right arm and left leg to return to the starting position. Continue alternating between left and right for the specified number of repetitions.
Alternative Exercises for Abs
* Results may vary. Strict adherence to the nutrition and exercise guide are required for best results.