Bodyweight Walking Lunge
How to: Bodyweight Walking Lunge
Primary Muscles Used:Upper Legs, Glutes, Quads, Hamstrings
- With your hands on your hips, plant both feet on the floor slightly further than shoulder width apart. This is your starting position.
- Inhale. Take a big step forward with your left foot. As you plant your foot on the floor, bend both knees at approximately 90-degrees. This is called a lunge position. If done correctly, your front knee should be aligned with your ankle and your back knee should be hovering just off the floor.
- Exhale. Push through the heel of your left foot and toe of your right foot to extend both legs.
- Inhale. Transfer your weight onto your left foot and take a large step forward with your right foot. As you plant your right foot, bend both knees at approximately 90-degrees into lunge position.
- Exhale. Push through the heel of your right foot and toe of your left foot to extend both legs.
- Inhale. Transfer your weight onto your right foot. Continue alternating between left and right for the specified number of repetitions.
Alternative Exercises for Legs
* Results may vary. Strict adherence to the nutrition and exercise guide are required for best results.